It doesn’t get much better than these Healthy Whole Wheat Mini Banana Muffins. They are hearty, naturally sweetened, fluffy, and delicious. They take just minutes to whip up and make a perfect breakfast or snack.
Meet one of my most favorite banana muffins! They are made with simple wholesome ingredients and are just so good and so easy to make! This is also a great recipe for the little bakers in your house. Its super simple and essentially a fail proof recipe.
Whole Wheat Mini Banana Muffin Ingredients
- Whole wheat flour
- Milled flax seed
- Ripe bananas
Optional Add Ins
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Shredded carrots
How to Make Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- Start by mashing the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the mashed bananas and combine.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into a prepared mini muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Done! That’s it!
You can use a regular size muffin pan, but I prefer to make the mini size of these healthy little guys in a mini silicone muffin pan.
What Makes These Mini Muffins Healthy?
- Whole wheat flour and milled flax seed are both loaded with fiber! Fiber reduces the blood sugar spike caused by eating carbohydrates + it helps to keep you full and satisfied.
- Honey and bananas are natural sweeteners which offer the benefits of vitamins and minerals.
- Mini muffins offer a great way to watch your portion size! If you just need a little something in between meals – have 1 or 2….. or if you are having them at part of a balanced breakfast – go for 3 or 4!
Looking for more healthy muffin recipes? Try these.
- Healthy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Almond Butter Banana Bread Muffins
Whole Wheat Mini Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milled flax seed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk you choose)
- 2 tsp vanilla
Optional Add Ins
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- shredded coconut
- shredded carrots
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl mash bananas, then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a greased mini muffin tin or silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops brown and a toothpick comes out clean.