Here’s a quick 5- move total body workout that can be done anywhere! All you need is a few sets of dumbells, yoga mat, and your bottle of water!
A great workout does not have to take hours out of your day or a stop at the gym. This quick 5-move total body workout takes less than 30 minutes to complete and will target both your upper and lower body and core all while raising your heart rate for an all-in-one strength based cardio workout.
This workout is set up in a circuit style – meaning you will cycle through the exercises one after another with no break in between. It will increase your heart rate while fatiguing your muscles to build strength and endurance! 2 birds, 1 stone!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS WORKOUT
- Medium & heavy set of dumbells
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle – optional – but highly recommended!
LEARN THE MOVES
Goblet Squat (12 – 15 reps)
Wood Chop (12 – 15 reps per side)
Rear Delt Fly (12 – 15 reps)
Glute Bridge Chest Press (12 – 15 reps)
Overhead Reach with Leg Lower (12 – 15 reps per side)
HOW TO PERFORM THIS WORKOUT
- Complete 12 – 15 reps per exercise using a set of dumbells that starts to feel heavy around the 9th or 10th rep. If you get to 12th and can do a few more – DO IT! And make sure to increase or decrease your weight accordingly for the next round.
- Complete one move after another in a circuit style with no rest between moves.
- After the 5th move take a 1 – 3 minute break or until your heart rate comes down and repeat the entire set of exercises.
- Complete 3 rounds total.
LOOKING FOR MORE QUICK TOTAL BODY WORKOUTS – try these!
- Full body circuit workout- 15, 30, or 45 minute variation
- 4-Move Total Body Strength Workout
- Full Body Core & Balance Workout