Coming at ya with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins. I’ve been on a huge muffin kick lately and these healthy muffins right here are hitting all the right notes. They are super simple to whip up, made with oats instead of flour, have an extra protein boost, and include my favorite flavor combination- chocolate and peanut butter! They are a perfect grab and go healthy breakfast and are currently fueling my morning workouts like a charm.
Make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins on the weekends and you have an excellent breakfast or snack option for you and the kids all week long! But I’m not gonna lie here – these muffins go over so well with my girls that they are usually gone within 3 days.
Oats or rolled oats for breakfast are always a good options in my opinion, and these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins are packed with just that! Oats are a gluten-free whole grain, loaded with fiber – which lowers blood sugar levels and helps avoid mid-morning hunger crashes, and are considered among the healthiest grains on earth. Pair these muffins with a few hard boiled eggs and a cup of berries and you are set up with a perfectly balanced meal.
Really feeling creative or want to bump up the flavor even more? “Frost” them with an extra tablespoon of natural peanut butter – you won’t be disappointed!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large banana chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3-4 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Line a standard size muffin tin with silicone or paper baking cups.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a a large mixing bowl. Then add the wet ingredients until combined. Divide mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.