Fire up your blender and try this classic Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie recipe. With only 4 simple ingredients, this smoothie makes a perfect and healthy breakfast, snack, or pre/post workout option that is loaded with protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. All the things that make a meal filling and balanced.
Frozen fruit (like strawberries and bananas) + a high quality protein powder are 2 items I would recommend keeping stocked in your kitchen at all times for quick and easy smoothie making!
I like to grab large bags of frozen berries (Costco is my best friend here) + buy extra bananas just to peel and chunk for freezing. I also have a few flavors of protein powder on hand so I’ve got what I need when I feeling like a smoothie – and that is usually about 5 days a week for me!!
Smoothies are just such a good “go to” when you need something sweet yet perfectly balanced and healthy! And this classic Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie is one of the best and hits my blender almost as much as my all time favorite – the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie.
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen bananas
- Milk (your choice)
- Vanilla protein powder (strawberry or plain work too)
How to make a Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
Listen up because this is gets complicated…………..just kidding.
- Add frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, and milk to a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then add in your protein powder and blend on the lowest speed until combined. Blending in your protein powder at the end will ensure your smoothie does not get frothy. (pro tip from a self proclaimed smoothie master!)
- Pour into your favorite smoothie glass and enjoy!
Why Frozen Fruit?
When it comes to smoothies, using frozen fruit over fresh is the way to go! Frozen fruit will make your smoothie rich, creamy, and delicious because you eliminate the need to add ice! Ice usually ends up diluting your smoothie and making them watery and sometime flavorless. Another benefit of frozen fruit is that it keeps longer! You can buy it in bulk (usually at a cheaper price) and have it on hand for when you need it!
Looking for more protein loaded smoothie options? Try these.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Smoothie
- Pineapple Green Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
A rich, creamy and delicious protein smoothie recipe loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- 1/2 – 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup almond milk ((or milk of choice))
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder ((strawberry or plain work too))
Add frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, and milk to a high powered blender.
Blend until smooth.
Then add protein powder and blend on a low speed until combined.