Start your morning with one of these quick and easy to make Healthy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins. They are made with simple wholesome ingredients like oats instead of white flour, honey instead of refined sugar, greek yogurt which adds a rich flavor and extra protein, and of course fresh bananas and blueberries.
Healthy muffins are one of my favorite things to whip up and have on hand and these Healthy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins are one of my go tos. They are perfect for an early morning pre-workout meal, a lazy Saturday breakfast with a cup of coffee, or a super simple grab and go snack for you or the kids any time of day.
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY BANANA OATMEAL MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
- Old fashion oats – these will get blended up to form a “flour” and will be the base for the muffins!
- Greek yogurt – unsweetened plain greek yogurt.
- Eggs – cage free organic if you can!
- Bananas – overripe will work the best and make your muffins sweeter.
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen will work and organic is the best.
- Honey – or a natural maple syrup.
- Almond milk – unsweetened!
- Baking powder, baking soda salt, and vanilla.
Change up these muffins by adding in one of the following.
- Nut butter
- Chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY BLUEBERRY BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS
- Make your oat flour – in a high power blender or food processor, add oats and blend or pulse until the oats form the consistency of a “flour”.
- Mix together the dry ingredients – in a large bowl mix together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Whisk together the wet ingredients – in a small bowl, peel and mash the bananas, then add the eggs, greek yogurt, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Combine the 2 together – add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together.
- Fold in the blueberries and options add ins
- Divide into muffin cups.
- Bake and enjoy.
Healthy Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup reduced fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or lightly coating with cooking spray.
- In a high powered blender, blend oats down to make a flour like consistence then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the oat flour and mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, peel and smash the ripe bananas, then add the greek yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine. Then fold in the blueberries and any options add-ins.
- Evenly divide the batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a cooling rack. Enjoy!