Peanut butter overnight oats! A healthy breakfast that’s simple, filling, yummy, kid approved and is prepped the night before in under 5 minutes! YES! Talk about all the things! Mornings can be hard – but your breakfast doesn’t have to be!
I jumped on the overnight oats band wagon several years ago when they were blowing up my Pinterest feed. Being the oatmeal lover I am (and here are a few more great oatmeal recipes Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins and Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls) – I had to try this cold oats revolution and I instantly feel in love – a breakfast that was waiting for me when I woke up, nourishing, balanced, super easy to whip up, and tasty! I was hooked and they have become a go to around here ever since. The hubs and kids also request them frequently! If you have never tried overnight oats before I suggest you stop waiting and go for it!
Now let’s talk flavor combinations! The options seem limitless. Overnight oats are basically rolled oats, some kind of milk and a sprinkle of chia seeds (to thicken them). Then comes the add ins: fruit, yogurt, nut butters, protein powders, flax seeds, coconut flakes, sweetener like honey, maple syrup, stevia…….the list goes on and I haven’t run into a combination I don’t like but these peanut butter overnight oats are probably my favorite base to start with. Then I love to top them with sliced banana or any fruit I have on hand, chopped nuts, a splash of almond milk and maybe a little more peanut butter in the morning…..because its delicious!!
PEANUT BUTTER OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER OVERNIGHT OATS
- Stir together the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and peanut butter in a mason jar or small container. Note – the peanut butter will not completely mix in – and that’s the plan – running into those smooth ribbons of creamy nut butter in the morning is so satisfying!
- Then mix in the oats and chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate until morning or for at least 6 hours.
It’s ALL about the toppings so feel free to get creative….but my favorite combo for peanut butter overnight oats is this……
- Sliced banana
- Chopped nuts
- A drizzle of peanut butter
- A splash of almond milk
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- sliced banana
- chopped nuts
- peanut butter
- splash of almond milk
- Mix together the almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a mason jar or other small contain with a lid. Note: the peanut butter will not completely mix in and that's OK.
- Then stir in the oats and chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- When you are ready to eat top with sliced bananas, a drizzle of peanut butter, chopped nuts, and a splash of almond milk.